วันอังคารที่ 13 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2558

Drawing Process: Koujaku x Noiz "Languor" - FINAL

Hello and welcome to the final part of this series of recordingsIf you're new, there's a playlist link in the description where you can watch the whole series in order.If you've been following me for a while, thank you for sticking around to watch me flail about in Photoshop xDI gave Koujaku fairly slim fingers hereI kind of like the contrast of delicate-looking hands carrying scars from a violent past, and are still capable of violent action.Mistake here: he shouldn't have a scar on this joint.I removed it after the recording session was over and I did the last-minute checks.Another mistake: his thumb should not be that high up.That moment of realisation...Lasso tool + moving the selection + redrawing fixed that error right quick :DThe advantage of digital medium: able to make such corrections fairly easily.If I had been drawing this with ink on bristol board like I traditionally would have done, I would be CRYING xDA trick with cloth: don't use curving lines ALL the timeWhile that would work very well for delicate, flimsy fabrics, it'll only make most other fabrics look...well, delicate and flimsyNot necessarily a good look for stuff like thick, luxurious bedsheets, or curtains, or even jeansAt this point I decided that Koujaku's hand looked a bit strange, and corrected it.Using Liquify, and a brush at low opacity, I can "push" the lines to a shape that I find more pleasing. Better now :D You can tell that I haven't quite decided how to construct this particular bit of hair xDSometimes, personally, I find it's best to just go "freestyle"Placing lines down without sketches forces me to make a decision about how they would lookIf I had tried sketching this bit out, I would have been just drawing and erasing and drawing and erasing, over and over again.Deleting the sketch layers since they've served their purpose and are no longer neededThis is a stylistic choice, but what I like to do is to thicken the outlines of "major" silhouettes/shapes of a line drawing, like the hair mass and outer body linesThis gives my line drawings a very graphical look, almost like a Mucha's Art Nouveau prints.The thicker borders also nicely separate the elements in my drawings, so when you look at it from a distanceyou can tell which bit is the figure, which bit of the figure is the hair, the clothes...so on and so forth.A useful thing for internet display, since a strong thumbnail will entice views to click for a closer look.At this point I'm just doing minor adjustments to strengthen the impact of certain bits of the image.Zooming out to check everything looks right from afar.And now for the final enhancements...Duplicate the lineart layer.....put a fine Gaussian Blur filter on the duplicate......lower the opacity......done correctly, it mimics ink "bleeding" into the fibres of the canvas.It softens what would have otherwise been the fairly harsh, clean edges of a digital line drawing.I also decided to use a layer mask to blur away the outside edges.The darker lines in the centre draws the eye in, towards where I want your gaze to be focused on.In this case, that would be the peaceful faces of our two lovers.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น