วันศุกร์ที่ 12 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2557

Tutorial Photoshop : Lesson 2 Layers - Digital ART

Hi ! Today, I will talk about LAYERS !So, you can see some layers on this side ---->This is the same hereYou can see these flat icons, stackingThe little eye here allows to make it visible or invisibleAlso, there is a tab to set the opacity value of the layerI've chosen this icon to introduce the layersThis is kind of a sheet of paper with a transparent featureThey can be stacked...and divide the different elements of your paintingToo much layers shoud be quite useless if you don't know themThat's why, today, I will try to explain my own organization... ... That's I hope coherent and usefulSo...... The first important layer is...The layer I named " SKETCH "I've chosen a grey color for this layerFor this example, I've drawn a little fishSo the "SKECTH" layer sets my art linesIt organizes my ideas, my compo, the perspective...The second layer is the BACKGROUND LayerI've chosen the red color for this oneFor this example, I choose a cyan backgroundAs you can see, the background is still UNDER the sketchThe black frame shows the resultBoth are visible but I can go back if I wantAnd I can go back to see without the background layerThe third class of layer is the COLORING layerHere, I've added some orange detailsThe orange is so opaque that it covers up the linesAll these layers are stacked and overlyingIf I recapitulate, I have :Three layers : One imageNow, I will focus on the SKETCH layerI created a new layer I will call it " detail "The color is light greyI will decrease the opacity of the first SKECTH LAYERTo create the new one which is more visibleSo, the details will be now more definedBut, I keep both layersI will do the same thing for the backgroundI have my underwater background (red) placed at the bottom of the stackI create a new layer (light red)In this new layer, I added underwater detailsBoth are stacked...... but the SKETCH layers are still visibleIf I make visible the COLORING details :You get an happy fishTo recapitulate (again, but I will want to be clear)1 : SKETCH Then 2 : BACKGROUNDFinally 3 : COLORINGI displayed three COLORING layers to focus on another point :You already know this layer, with orange rough scalesI will create a new COLORING layer, above the main layer I want my fish get more volumesThen another want to define more details (scales, lights, the eye...)This is interesting but I will go further because the lines are too visibleI wil decrease the opacity of these layersI will reduce the opacity up to 20% for the main SKETCH layerAnd up to 50% for the second SKETCH layer After the operations, the line are less visibleThree COLORING layers for the scales ? It's too much.I will explain how to reduce their number This is not interesting to get too much layers All of them show the same features (scales)I will merge them downCTRL + E makes it easierHOP !HOP !Now, I have only one COLORING layer !and I am happy :)The SKETCH layers still get their opacity reducedAt the end, the most important layers are : The greenThe Light Red and RedNow, I will explain how I work from this organizationI used to make a "try layer" (purple)This layer is just to attempt somethingI use it when I am not sure of the interest of a new detailsHere, some new purple scalesI wonder... I should keep it or not ? What if I change the color ? I attempt some changes, more orange, more cyan...The cyan ? the orange ? Nothing ? I finally choose to keep the orange hueCiao cyanKeep it or not keep it ? This is a coherent change, I keep it.Yay ! So, I can say this is a COLORING layerOf course, I need to define it moreNow, let's practice !I open a new fileThe settings are : 3600 x 2400 pixels 300 DPIThe other features are not important for the momentI will make a .... treeSo at the begining I have a default layerI unlock it and it will be my BACKGROUND layerI create a new layer It will be my SKECTH layerIn greyAnd I will call them BACKGROUND and SKETCHNow, sketch time !Like I said on the previous tutorial, I will set the Opacity 50 and a high Flow So, my tree...I've chosen a try because there is less of constraintsNo anatomy, nothing really technique...Feel freeI try to do something quite rough, just to focus on the layer organizationThe idea is to get some quick elementsIt will turn it into a willow treeThere is be more details and more dephtThis is really rough but I don't careBla - bla - bla : feel freeYou are so free that if you dislike an element... .... You can easily change the position, reduce the scale, ....Now, there is something looking like a " tree "In the background, I will set a colorA dark color, quite unsaturatedTo get a basic to workYou still see the linesYou are free to move itI create the COLORING layerI call it " COLORING "For the coloring, I will make the trunk and the leavesBrown trunk...Green leaves...I choose a color more blue And, the grass...But for the grass, I will need a color background I set the name " Grass" and this is a red layerDon't care about the brush forms, I will talk about it in another tutoThis main idea of this tutorial is to organize your layersI create a new layer for the sky (BACKGROUND)The sky will be quite blue and really paleThe sky and the grass are independante I can easily darken the grass without caring of the skyThis is the shadow of the willow treeOf course, this part of the sky won't be visibleThere will be the mass of the treeSo I create a new BACKGROUND layer for the TREEYou can check the Background layer organization (tree then grass then sky...)This is the mass leaves of the treeIf you want to recover the hidden skyThe eraser can do that ! If I increase the luminosity of the sky, the change will be more visibleThe tree form is more definedAnd another recapitulation : SKY under, GRASS under TREE under SKETCH...As I am FREE, I can easily change the colorsThe same for the tree, remember, you are FREE !I could create... ... a cloud .......no, finally...I will make a defined grassI create a new COLORING layer called " COLORING GRASS "This is just for the details of the grassNow, I can work the grass detailsYou can move itIf I am not sure of these changes I can set them invisibleOr decrease their opacity...Now, if I want to define the lines, I create a new SKETCH layerI call it " detail "This time I want to give more details to make the trunk....Do not forget this is just to guide you........ Most of them will be deleted or invisible at the endIt guides youFor instance, I make quickly the leaves, just to see the resultThis is just to set the firstground branchsI may increase the opacity of the main sketch layerAll is visible now :)Or not, or yes... or not, or yes... bla bla blaLet's focus on the grass now...With a lighter green hue, I bring more luminosity.......and depth...... this feature will be the subject of another tutorialBla-bla I try to do the things quicklyNow, if I want to work the leaves :New COLORING layer " leaves "I pick up the main green color I will work the firstground leavesI make the firstground leavesIf the main COLORING layer disturb you, you can hide itMaybe it will be easier to work the leaves withoutYou can go back on the background to define the tree shapesI want you understand that you are FREEYou can move the elements......or multiply them...Copy/paste CTRL C / CTRL VIt creates a lot of layers... but I can merge them down CTRL EI can work easily with this processWork steps by stepsIf this one is the firstground for the leaves...It existes a second ground for the leavesFirstground leaves, then second ground leaves...Both are independantI will delete the main COLORING layerI create a new layer for the TRUNKBrownish hue...And you understand now If I want to create a " Try layer "To add a new special elementLike... fruits ? Red apples on a willow tree ?It a christmas tree :(You can move them if you wantChange the hueWithout change other layersI make tries...I can change the objet, why not.. ribbons ? Candy tree now... stop the drug !I am the judge to decide if it gets an interestIt's awful, but let's see where we are going...I decide if it is worth graphically Once again, you are FREE, with the digital art you are FREE FREE FREE :)All these layers, all these colors are not to constraint you !As for me, I have a million of layers in my artworksBut, I learned since many years to organize themI just what to share the processBut, it's the same if you learn piano or spanish...(* tourner la première jambe* lol )You forget little by little all stepsOnce you know it, you forget the theoryThis is just a new langageIt will become naturalBut if you are a beginner, learn this kind of organizationAnother tutorial will treat of the adjustment layersIt changes the colors and the mood, work the light/shadow shading...See you soon !

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น