วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 11 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2557

Tutorial Photoshop : Lesson 1 Opacity and Flow - Digital ART

Hello ! What I propose is to back to the basics of photoshopTo be precise, I will talk about the main features of the brush :The Opacity and the FlowThis is not really easy to make the differenceLet's begin with the OpacityThe stroke is FLAT really PRECISE and CLEANIt focus on the QUALITY of the colorThe color is pure and vividIf you decrease the opacity, You will play with the transparency I've chosen the sunglasses icon to focus on these features : Flat and steady as a rock, Transparent like glassesThe sunglasses opacity level modify your visionThese are the main features of the OpacityNow, the Flow ! This is really different : If I stay on the same aera, it will shed progressivelyThat's why I used the tap iconThe QUANTY of matter depends of the % of the flowThis is really rugged compared to the flat effectYou will play with the color quantity Rather than the quality It allows to create volumes and depthInstead of the GLASS effect, this is more a OIL/AERIAN effectNow, I will vary the % of the both featuresWhen Opacity and Flow are PUREYou already know this effect : FLATPRECISEThere is NO SHADE availableIt's hard to use if you want to paintIf you decrease the Flow (50%)You get something more fluid.......with a lot of shades....... But the VIBRANCE is maintained !This is RUGGED what would be a good start for a textureIf you decrease again the flow 20 %The texture effect will be more visibleYou have the same thing (rugged and a lot of shades)But the color are lighter, more transparentIt's a perfect basic for the texturesCan you see all the little veins or details ? The simple application of the paint create a textureNow, let's try to decrease the OpacityYou get a perfect transparencyMore you add strokes, more you recover the main hueIt allows to find new shadesI use this dosing to make my sketch / quick lines artThis is a nice way to make your main sketch, not too opaque but still preciseNow, if both are lowIt allows to change the MOOD of a paintingEasily, you can change the season the hour of the day.......The weather...You can give a darker mood or a lighten atmosphereThis is something really light and transparentThis is a great tool for the cloud partMy usual values to work are : 60 % of flowThe opacity changes all the time( I have to change my brush form to show...)This is my basic for workA range of 20 to 80 % Opacity....Let's recapitulate the dosing !1 : PURE OPACITY 100 FLOW 100FLAT effects No shades... But this is a vivid hue ! 2 (OIL/AERIAN) : Opacity 100 Flow 50Rugged effect, A lot of shadesBut still vivid !3 TEXTURE effects : Opacity 100 Flow 20Same effects but more transparent and pale4 : GLASS Opacity 50 Flow 100Extremely flat, but a lot of shades availableI use it to make my sketchs5 MOOD : Opacity 20 Flow 20Rugged A lot of shades... paleIt allows to change the mood6 : As for me , I work with Opacity 20-80 Flow 60 %Before the practice part, Let me introduce my best friendThe eye-dropper !Most important tool.This is setted on the right click of my styletThis is here tooIt allows : 1 : Recover a hueHop, hop, hop !Hop, hop, hop ! again :)It's really intuitive to find a hue2 : Add a new shadeFor a pure green and a pure orangeThere is a lot of shades availableA green, a brown, a orange, a green... It's a rich palette !3 : Find a shadow hue If you don't know how to build the good shadow tonesThis is a really natural effectI choose a dark hue and I add it on the previous hueYou get the new shades with the eye dropperNow, the pratice part ! I propose to work with three examples :Lava - cloud - lake/waterfallWhy those examples ? I will play with the different dosing previously explainedYou often ask me advices, and this is often the same issue :Sometimes it's too blurry, sometimes too steady...You have to vary the tools that I've introducedThe LAVA :* De la live * lolIf I choose a basic really pure...It's too hard to work, I have to decrease the flowBut this is a good basic it a pure BackgroundI change the brush form because I want a blurry formNow, I will try to create the lava effect...The settings are O 55 F 60It's really pale but if I repeat it, it is glowing ! It's a kind a magic !There is a motion effectNow an explosion !Now, let's try to find something lighterI decrease my Opacity The glowing effect is increasedMore you increase the opacity, more you get the glowing effectIt lackes of shadows, isn't it ? I use the eye dropper to recover the red hueI want something darker, and finally more purpleI just want to change the mood ! So, I reduce Opacity and FlowI just want to change the mood, to get a darker atmosphere and get natural shadowsTo increase the light effect, I do the same with a yellowFiat lux ? If you want something more vivid : increase the opacityThe layer part will be treated in another tutorialThis was just to focus on the Opacity and Flow aspectsThis is just a practice exampleTo show you HAVE to vary the %I could add more details increasing opacity and flowTo show nugguets of lava... viscous... precise....More you want something precise, more it will be flatNow the cloud practice :Why not use the same basic to begin ?I will use the same basic : Opacity 100 Flow 100 My advice for the beginners for the cloud :Get the TEXTURE dosing : Opaticy 100 FLow 20I choose a ... blue, why notSimply with the big ROUND brush, you have the cloud texture :Do you see the cloud form ? You need to interprete it The cloud form is already hereIt's a basic form but this is a formThese shapes are a perfect basicI take a blurry brush, it makes it easierI have a form, not precise, but I have something to work.At the bottom : I want a lighten and flat hue I want the upper part become more mistyI increase the opacity and flow because I want something heavy at the bottomDown will be opaqueProgressively, it will be darker but more aerialMiddle : I want a subtle hue differenceUP : I want it darkerI take some shades with the eye dropperI get the volumes :)It's a pig.With a lighter hue, you increase the volume effectTo increase again the volume effect, you can add a darker hueThis is really basic, I wanted to show you get the cloud form easilyAt the beginning, I had the could form, just with the brush strokeYou could add new details (swirls, ...) Now the lake ! Now basic canvas start... 0 100 % F 100 %May I add a waterfall... Wonderful, isn't it ? I want to get a lot a shades......So I decrease the flowI have all the shades I needI make it simple to help you to get the processIt's ugly but this is allways like this at the begining The trap is when you want something perfect Water is still quite dark... if you are a good observerI create shadow to make the water effect more shinyAs you can see, I stay in the same hue area (I just changed the luminosity)To give more luminosity to this painting....I choose a lighten green (not to white) Let's make the water motionIrregular is more naturalNow, if I want a cloudy effect : Opacity 100% Flow 20 %To get the splatters...Now, I define more the spatters increasing opacityTo finalise the waterfall, I add the mist effect To get the upper part misty : Opacity 20% Flow 20 % Easily you get the mist !The alliance of all the tools are a win condition To create different matters, perspectives, elements...You should try to find a balance about blurry and steady thingsThank you :)All my tutorials are available on DeviantART.See you soon for new video tutorials

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น